find the right fit
Storage Unit Size Guide – how much space do you need?
You’ve figured out that self-storage is the right solution for needing more space. But how much space do you need? All our storage units are 8.5′ in height except for our smallest “locker” storage unit, which is 5’W x 5’D x 4’H and are ideal for five to 10 small items or boxes.
This chart outlines the storage unit sizes that are best for a variety of needs.
Business Storage Unit Needs
- 5′ x 5′ (25 sq. ft.) – Will hold the contents of a large office closet filled with files, books, office chairs, and a few storage boxes.
- 5′ x 10′ (50 sq. ft.) – Will hold the contents of one office room, including desks, bookcases, filing cabinets and large storage boxes. Ideal for storing equipment and tools.
- 10′ x 10′ (100 sq. ft.) – Will hold the contents of an entire office, including desks, chairs, computers and a few storage boxes.
- 10′ x 15′ (150 sq. ft.) – Will hold the contents of three office rooms could fit in this size unit, including several desks, computers and boxes.
- 10′ x 20′ (200 sq. ft.) – Will hold the contents of five office rooms (desks, computers, bookcases and file cabinets) in this size, or a five-year supply of business and tax files.
- 10′ x 30′ (300 sq. ft.) – Will hold the contents of five office rooms – many desks, several large boxes, seasonal storage, a few sets of large storage shelves and/or a few pallets of inventory, depending on how high you stack them.